Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon
- Visit the temple of Poseidon and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
- Sunset guided tour to the majestic Cape Sounion
- Enjoy stunning views of the Aegean sea & its islands along the way
- Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens
- Watch the breathtaking sunset with a glass of wine in hand
A half day afternoon trip from Athens full of images.
Begin your Sounio tour with a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada,Vouliagmeni, Varkiza). As you approach Cape Sounion, it rises like a sheer cliff out of the sea. At Cape Sounio where you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world(on a clear day you can see at least seven islands).The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea.
Land masses to the west stand out in sharp profile: the island of Aegina backed by the mountains of the Peloponnese. The beauty of the surviving Doric columns has inspired many poets, including Lord Byron who carved his name on one of the columns
After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this site we will wait to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.
- – Transportation by luxury, a/c, bus
- – Entrance fees to archaeological sites and museums
- – Professional English speaking guide
- – Lunch only within the full day tours (Delphi, Cruise, Mycenae-Epidaurus)
- – Vat 24%
- – Delivery / Collection from/to Central Hotels or spots only (extra charge for distance points)
Tours that will be arranged exclusively for the participants of the conference must be confirmed at least
*1 month prior the requested day.
*Prepayment is required upon confirmation as well.