Athens Sightseeing with Acropolis and Museum
- Full day trip of Athens highlights including visit to Cape Sounion
- Travel back in time during visit at the impressive Panathinaiko Stadium
- Guided tour of UNESCO-listed Acropolis & the New Acropolis museum
- Typical Greek lunch at traditional restaurant in Plaka with vegeterian options
- Marvel at the Temple of Poseidon and discover the stirring legends that surround it
From the Acropolis to Omonia Square, with the half-day sightseeing and Acropolis museum tour you’ll see all the famous sites of ancient and modern Athens on this comprehensive morning tour. Offering a perfect overview of the modern city, this guided halfday tour will help you get your bearings if this is your first visit to Athens.
The Athens half-day tour depart for a photo stop at Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. It is the only stadium built out of white marble. Proceed, passing by Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus. You will then pass the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, Hadrian’s Arc, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown soldier, Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square ,Russian Orthodox Church, and finally ACROPOLIS (visit Propylae, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens).
Continue the expert guided Athens sightseeing and museum tour with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the ACROPOLIS museum. Avoid and skip the lines of the new museum. Main attractions such as votives, artifacts of every day life, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and of course the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze will impress you.
- – Transportation by luxury, a/c, bus
- – Entrance fees to archaeological sites and museums
- – Professional English speaking guide
- – Lunch only within the full day tours (Delphi, Cruise, Mycenae-Epidaurus)
- – Vat 24%
- – Delivery / Collection from/to Central Hotels or spots only (extra charge for distance points)
Tours that will be arranged exclusively for the participants of the conference must be confirmed at least
1 month prior the requested day.
Prepayment is required upon confirmation as well.